Investing financial resources to help children survive and develop to their full potential is, first and foremost, a moral imperative. But investing in children is also important on practical grounds. It yields positive benefits to economies and societies. Just getting children into school is not enough, Community Initiatives Agenda promotes child-friendly approaches that include securing safe and healthy school environments, and teaching and learning processes that speak to children’s individual needs – so that children can acquire the skills and knowledge they so much desire. Children learning in hardship areas require a lot of motivation if they have to rise above the challenges they are experiencing in order to excel.
The following activities are geared towards helping the students to learn, complete and excel in their primary school education.
- To Mentor girls and boys to reduce school dropout rates.
- To motivate students and teachers to improve academic performance.
- To support needy and bright students to join secondary schools through payment of school fees.
- To construct relevant school facilities (classrooms, pit latrines and libraries).
- To provide uniforms, desks, hygiene packs, story books to primary schools.
- To create awareness of children issues through the celebration of National and global events that focus on children like; Day of the African Child, World Aids Day, and World Literacy Day, World Menstruation Day among others.
CIA is supporting schools with different categories of materials for rewarding the boys and girls. They include, individual and group awards in the form of trophies, balls for various games, badges, learning materials and a special branded water bottle for exemplary performance.
1:Improved transition of boys and girls to secondary schools.
2:Enhanced literacy levels for both boys and girls.
1:Improved reading and writing skills of the children in the three schools.
2:Improved academic performance of individual pupil.
3:Improved overall performance of the three schools.
CIA appeals for your support to make this project a reality: $30 buys 1 story book for a child, $200 will help to offset our $23000 budget of constructing and furnishing 1 modern library.
This is done through educational trips and exchange programs around Kenya. To such places as museums, civic events, national parks, local colleges, theaters and so on.
The educational trips, will go a long way in improving their academic performance and build up their confidence. We also believe that by providing them with enriching experiences, it will change the way they experience school and help them create a vision of life outside of poverty.
Educational trips provide a way to bring classroom lessons to life, making them more tangible and easy to understand. Even students who find book learning boring usually enjoy the activity and perspective that field trips have to offer. $16 will sponsor 1 educational trip for 1 child.