How Child Sponsorship Works;
A child sponsorship is a recurring financial donation made by an individual, organisation or company, in which the funds are set aside for the specific purpose of supporting the children on a long-term basis.
When you sponsor a child, you’re helping to ensure that they and so many others can grow up healthy, learning and safe, thus enabling them to reach their full potential. As a sponsor, you can help make real change.
As a child sponsor you follow your sponsored child on her or his journey through childhood.
When you start your sponsorship, you receive:
- a welcome letter with a profile and a photo of the child you sponsor
- updates about the progress of the child
Your sponsorship helps give a child:
- a nurturing and loving home in a family environment
- individualized care that supports the child’s development
- education and training to prepare for the future
- access to health services and medical care
- support to prepare for an independent adult life